Veteran sound engineer Andy Smith will present a workshop on how to set up and use microphones in a live performance setting, specifically for bluegrass musicians. Andy will show how he sets up his gear and participants will have a chance to experiment with different options for best results.
Members: $10 Non-members: $15
After the workshop,
Join the open Bluegrass jam:
$6 drop-in fee for members, $8 for non-members. Jam begins at 7:30 until late. Please enter using the main floor door, at the corner of 8th Ave. and Ontario St.
We follow common Bluegrass protocols:
- Stringed instruments only please
- Take turns leading songs, and taking breaks
- When not playing a solo, keep your volume low, especially during others' solos
- When leading a song, give clear signals to the other musicians about whose turn is next
- Stay within the broadly defined Bluegrass/Americana genre as much as possible